Join our community of friends of typography!

Can I align numerals in Freight Sans

This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

Can anyone help here? I'm trying to persuade a client to use Freight Sans which I believe fits better with their brand, however they've got hung up on the non-aligning numerals and I can't seem to find an easy way to set them aligned in our print. Maybe it's not possible... if that's the case, does anyone have a work around or any ideas to help sell them back to the client?!

Any thought appreciated.

Best,
Hugo

You licensed this from Phil's Fonts.
https://philsfonts.com/index.php/results/strip?q=freight+sans&mysubmit=&...

The options are the Pro version, with small caps and alternate figures integrated as OpenType features, or the plain version, with oldstyle figures as default, and lining figures in a separate small caps font.

I would suggest you either “upgrade” by licensing the Small Caps version to add to what you already have, or license the OpenType version; perhaps the distributor will give you a discount on this.

This customer service is provided by a disinterested party at no charge, but really you should be contacting the distributor from whom you licensed the font, or the foundry that made it. Why didn’t you do that, rather than asking at Typophile?