Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

Finding font used in Virgil Abloh "Figures of Speech" Brooklyn Museum Pamphlet

Go to solution Solved by alrightok,

alrightok

Trying to find this mono serif used in the pamphlet at the Brooklyn Museum's showing of Virgil Abloh's "Figures of Speech" exhibit. Was used in other "Figures of Speech" exhibits in other cities, but this pamphlet has the clearest example of the font:

1099671.thumb.jpg.673426659f6fbe514be6ed632f113dbf.jpg

XaYV4cm_d74nXFD909vPlqhehZjxoUIb017kIGuw1TGVRPs4Z-kpjXVdehHyBmg8AHbcChR5xbZhYmyoATxgjg12dHuRM5y_AivI-OS4oZn41HxhF1g3nme1SExscNeVHfyPINqmc3fQ8jMfq2SfGY2t-E.thumb.png.2b03d65c92aaa9231d9c9b42f798c5a8.png

Been driving me and my friends crazy. It's really nice, and would love to find it.

MissNobody

Reminds me of typewriter (or possibly a printer) font. Because of being mono-spaced, and the way the 'M' and 'W' are constrained.

alrightok

Yeah, looking for "typewriter" didn't help unfortunately as most of them are stylized.

Trying to find one with square dots is hard, since I don't know the best way to narrow that down.

vivicitynyc

Is there a design credit in the pamphlet? I have sometimes reached out to the designer directly to inquire about these kinds of pressing questions!

• 10 months later...
  • Solution
alrightok
On 1/8/2023 at 10:15 PM, vivicitynyc said:

Is there a design credit in the pamphlet? I have sometimes reached out to the designer directly to inquire about these kinds of pressing questions!

This was a custom font made for the exhibition. Guess it's lost to time