The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Seen in a professional plate

Daniele

Looking for this font that I saw engraved on a professional plaque.

I'm afraid there is no Truetype or Opentype version.

If so please recommend one that is as similar as possible (even commercial), thank you.

webcam-toy-foto3.jpg

Daniele

I mean a doctor's or dentist's nameplate. As mentioned above, I am afraid it is an engraving font that has no truetype or opentype counterpart.

MissNobody

If it's engraved, it's most definitely an engraving 😇. Anyway, the most similar font counterpart I can find is: Bookseller Bk (reduced). The 'E' an 'F' is slightly different.

• Like 1
Daniele

Thanks MissNobody, Bookseller Bk Reduced actually looks like one of the closest I've seen.

I don't know if anyone is interested but, in the meantime, I have identified the font of my image. It is ROMAN 4L, a typeface used in the old mechanical engraving. I can usually find Trutype copies for my work but this one looks like it hasn't been digitized. ☹️

• Like 1
MissNobody

Yeah, that sucks. Perhaps you can try to vectorize it or make it into a font yourself. The best image I can find is this (numbers and symbols are cut off though).

• Like 2