Join our community of friends of typography!

Trying to find the font of this Greek Poster I found on Instagram.

379332622_148948461615252_3168933992203425504_n.jpg.0e07a3282e154ffa0b9415b3d6303daa.jpg
Hello,

I saw this greek poster with the words: "Φτιάξε την δική σου Ιθάκη."
Is this custom made or is this an actual font? If it exists, I would appreciate a free alternative.

Futura Bold, kerned and line-fitted with skill.

Unfortunately, the commercial versions I can find either won't display the Greek characters in preview or aren't as rounded/ideosyncratic as your sample (the top of δ, the little spur on the left upright of the ή, for example).

Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 11.53.00 PM.png

10 hours ago, Kevin Thompson said:

Futura Bold, kerned and line-fitted with skill.

Unfortunately, the commercial versions I can find either won't display the Greek characters in preview or aren't as rounded/ideosyncratic as your sample (the top of δ, the little spur on the left upright of the ή, for example).

Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 11.53.00 PM.png

what would be a way to replicate this font?

That's the problem. The database that helped me match it only identified it as Futura Bold, but no foundry ID, and there are dozens of flavors of Futura out there.

Unfortunately, very few commercial type sites allow you to view the non-English glyphs, so pinpointing the exact version of Futura has proven difficult.

As a substitute, you might like the similar Dromon Bold from fonts.gr.

• Like 1

I suggest you to use legal version Kevin found. That said I found the exact font to reproduce it, but as far as I know it's not an official site where you can buy it from a legitimate vendor. It is possible that it was created with this illegal version, but I cannot provide a link. All I can say is name of the font: Futura 粗体

Miss Nobody, the Japanese characters in the name you posted simply mean "Bold"—not enough information to match it to a specific version / foundry.

Even with a clean sample (like the one I posted from en.likefont.com), most type-matching software doesn't allow you to search on non-Latin characters.

Another alternate: New Hero Bold (counter on δ is more teardrop and style of κ is different). The Google webfont Inter Bold is also quite similar.

I agree that 粗体 means Bold, but if you Google "Futura 粗体" you'll get the font at Fontke.com (it offers buying option, but I'm not sure about its legality), because Google differentiates between translations. There's a possibility that it was created using this (knock off?) font, without using a font from a specific foundry.