Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Looking for the Font used in Southern Eyre Equestrian Logo

Go to solution Solved by MissNobody,

I have been given the task of re creating a Logo and I have exhausted the internet search trying to find it. The people that purchased the business  are unable to provide the name that's why I have to recreate the logo.

I Created a shorter Text image with the font characters that are unique. But I cannot find the Font!

Search Text SRQC.jpg

As you can see:  the S and C font with ball terminal is unique!

southern eyre aqestrian.png

Hi MisNobody,

Yes, I did Vector the image! no problem with that. But the text when Vectored does not come out clean. They want to enlarge this graphic for printing onto horse trailers and a Truck so it's going to end up over 1.5 metres in diameter. That's why I am after the font. It needs to be clean lines.

I thank you for your help and those font suggestions. Much Appreciated!

It would be highly unusual that a Graphic Designer would go to that much trouble to create a Logo using all different fonts however. I am a Graphic Designer and I wouldn't.

• Solution

I wouldn't either, but it - unfortunately - happens. You're right, for that scale you just can't use vectorization, it will probably never be good enough, unless painstakingly corrected. But searching for a silver bullet font might be longer, than trying to match the fonts and mash them up. I would also made an alternative version with one font (probably Moliere here), and offered it as a more sustainable and cleaner version for the future, rather than carrying over this typeface mess. Last option is only to vectorize those 4 non-matching letters and correct their vectors to be scalable, and place them manually.

Hey, Great idea, thanks!

I'll vector the four letters and use Moliere. Need to get back to my Client to confirm some changes. But if they want changes down the track - well , time is money as they say!

P.S what do you use to Vector the image BTW?

Thaks for you help and ideas 🙂   Wayne

MissNobody

I've used AI to upscale it, in my experience it's a really good preparation step for most vectorization, and then Adobe Illustrator to trace the image.

Here's the upscaled image, if it helps you:

Upscaled4x.png