Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Looking for a font seen on X

exolune

Hello

I recently found this post from a french post on social network but i can't identify it despite of trying to identify it with online tools

so I just need the font name. I don’t need the font itself. 

here is the website : https://twitter.com/Charlineaparis/status/1719787208608022599?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1719787208608022599|twgr^038c3b894c48ec41832c90e34de044b1fae02c8c|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fdesouche.com%2F2023%2F11%2F01%2Fnetanyahou-nazi-sans-prepuce-guillaume-meurice-de-france-inter-attaque-en-justice-pour-antisemitisme%2F

Thanks for your help.

font_to_find.jpg

Kevin Thompson

Is your sample an image of a printed piece, or strictly digital?

If printed, the "heavier" effect could simply be a result of the ink soaking into (and spreading on) an uncoated paper.

If digital, it is likely Times New Roman Medium (there are more weights to Times New Roman than come bundled with most computers).

• 2 weeks later...
exolune

Hello Kevin,

thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay, yes the image is strictly digital.

I have already downloaded Times New Roman medium but the rendering is not the same, the characters are more "smooth" (this is mainly why I'm looking for this font). You're right for Times New Roman, but for me the regular doesn't match with the screenshot. Do you know where does it could come from ?

here is the comparison between Times New Roman Medium 

image.thumb.png.77c86332de3aeb207ab1752a2240c8ed.png

Ralf Herrmann
16 minutes ago, exolune said:

Do you know where does it could come from ?

Whenever text is rendered on screen, the vector outlines need to be turned into pixels and then the software applies anti-aliasing to make the text smoother. The results will vary greatly, for example depending on the specific operating system, the apps used and screen settings defined by the user. In addition the two samples in your last post are originally rendered at a different size. The first line is scaled up, which also affects the boldness and smoothness.

Long story short: the font was identified correctly. The differences are rendering artefacts, that are, for the most part, out of a user’s direct control.   

• Like 1