Join our community of friends of typography!

Font used for lettering on Dublin Police (Georgia) vehicles

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

Medicmojo

ecd9d0b1-8517-4492-972c-f5f018a3e1b5-PoliceDept2.thumb.jpg.7898ba3b9d0e70522ceae41ab7c341a8.jpgHello!  I recreate digital versions of emergency vehicles for use in video games.  Looking for assistance in identifying the font used by the Dublin Police, in Georgia.  I am primarily looking for the main "DUBLIN" and "POLICE" - although it appears that the other smaller lettering (aside from the emblem) is the same.  I feel like I have exhausted the online AI font finders, and have scrolled through many "Celtic" or "Irish" style fonts on many of the other usual sources (dafonts, etc).   The closest I have come to so far (by AI font finders) are "Kristy Bold" or "Stout Bold"........but, not all the letters seem to match.  Thought this one would be pretty easy to figure out, but apparently not.  Thanks in advance!

Medicmojo

lol......just saw my typo in the title "Fond" - what the heck is that?  "F O N T".  That is what I getting for typing when I am tired.......sorry!

Medicmojo
1 hour ago, Kevin Thompson said:

Thank you so much, kind sir!!  That absolutely is it!  Wow.......really wonder why none of the AI font finders could come up with that one - doesn't seem to be all that obscure.

Again, thanks so much - I was going to sit down tonight, use one of the "almost but not quite" fonts I did have on a list..........and just start modifying the letters I needed myself.

Medicmojo

Lol.  And there is a Dublin in California as well - their Police went with the exact same markings.......just changed the round city logo!

• amusing 1
Kevin Thompson
10 hours ago, Medicmojo said:

Thank you so much, kind sir!!  That absolutely is it!  Wow.......really wonder why none of the AI font finders could come up with that one - doesn't seem to be all that obscure.

Again, thanks so much - I was going to sit down tonight, use one of the "almost but not quite" fonts I did have on a list..........and just start modifying the letters I needed myself.

It took a bit of manipulation in Photoshop to straighten the letters—font identification software looks for matches based on grid points, and distorted samples won't work.

Medicmojo
6 hours ago, Kevin Thompson said:

It took a bit of manipulation in Photoshop to straighten the letters—font identification software looks for matches based on grid points, and distorted samples won't work.

That does make sense - I do usually have better luck with the AI finders when the image is square on.  Some of those websites allow you to manipulate the image a bit to get things as straight as possible, before starting a search.  That is a great tip, as well - use the source image to recreate a few of the letters on your own, straightening and cleaning up the lines first.......then throw that sample into an AI font finder.  Will have to try that myself next time!  Appreciate your efforts, thanks again!