The type specimens of the world in one database …

Font similar to this: Purple Diary website (current)

Charlie Gavins

traditional but magical. classic but futuristic.

a great font for a cacao brand i'm planning on creating - more as an art product than a business. a labour of love/(hopefully beauty)!

I'm guessing this font is custom? Has anyone come across it? Wouldn't mind paying for it specifically as it works so well - but open to others too!

any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks.

http://purple.fr/

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 12.09.42.png

Ignacio

Whatever it is, I think it could have been elongated from the middle/cross bar, I see that “Y” a bit strange, could be wrong though.

Charlie Gavins

Ignacio!!

This was super useful thanks so much. I've had a play and think this font will work for now - gonna sit with it for 24 before buying the font to be sure (I've just used this for a test) - hopefully will do until I can get a pro on it to make it a little more 'unique' / 'future'.

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 13.48.40.png

• Like 1
Gecko

Another typeface that might also be a nice starting point: OPTI Protea

I have also seen it by another name: Aegina

Edited by Ralf Herrmann
removed links by request
Riccardo Sartori

Yes, the font for Purple fashion magazine is custom.

@Gecko, please keep in mind that almost all OPTI fonts are unauthorised copies of pre-existing designs.

Case in point: MGB Patrician. Since the OPTI version is often the only available digital interpretation available of certain typefaces (albeit not in this case), I would leave the choice of using it to personal ethics.

However, both sites you link to offer free downloads of commercial fonts, and that is not okay.

Gecko

Sorry Riccardo I don't mean to step on anyones toes. I bought the entire collection of OPTI fonts on a CD many years ago for my commercial use.

Riccardo Sartori

My only concern was to add a bit of historical context to your otherwise spot on suggestion of alternatives for the font in the original post.

And, as I said, the problem are the links, not the typefaces.