Who can suggest which fonts?
Any registered member of Typography.Guru is allowed to suggest fonts for the competition. You can add fonts you designed yourself or releases you think are worth getting recognition.
Requirements and suggestions:
- The font or font family must be released within the current month or at the end of last month
- can be a free or commercial font
- should be a final release, not an early beta
- should be a new design, not just an extension (e.g. version 2.0 with enlarged character set)
Who can vote and how?
All registered members can leave as many votes as they want for different(!) fonts. You can upvote and downvote entries on the listing page of the running competition, which represents a 5-star or a 1-star rating. You can also give a 1 to 5 star rating on the details page of each font submission.
- Always give an honest voting. If you don’t like an entry, you can downvote it, but DO NOT downvote an entry just to improve the ranking of another font.
- Do not register accounts just to vote multiple times.
- Votings are monitored. If we see attempts of manipulation, the entry that was supposed to be pushed will be disqualified and removed from the competition.
Can I ask people to vote for my entry?
You are free to promote competition entries, e.g. on social media, via newsletters and so on. But keep the rules mentioned above in mind. Do not ask people to engage in unfair voting practices (e.g. downvoting other entries, registering multiple times and so on.)