The type specimens of the world in one database …

Looking for the name of the fonts used in the creation of this logo used for a softball team called the Gulf Coast Shockers.

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

bmbond

I'm looking for the name of the font used to create the attached logo of the Gulf Coast Shockers softball team. The logo was created by The Print Shed 12+ years ago. I reached out to them to see if they could recall what the font was and this was their response:

"No sir, it was converted to curves probably 12+ years ago when it was created so it’s technically just an object now and doesn’t show a font name."

I tried to do some of the dynamic font analyzers to no avail due to some of the details in the logo design. Some of the fonts that were dynamically recommended were close but were not an exact match. It looks like there may actually be 2 different fonts present. One for the 'Gulf Coast' and a different one for the 'Shockers'.

I'm wanting to convert the logo to a 3d animation and having the exact fonts would save a tremendous amount of time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. 

Designed by: http://theprintshedllc.com

Image Source: https://www.facebook.com/GulfCoastShockers

shockers.png

• Solution
Riccardo Sartori

As MissN already noted, Gulf Coast is some version of Bank Gothic, while Shockers is so heavily manipulated that is difficult to be sure, but I think they could have started with something as relatively common as Arial Black.

bmbond

Thank you both VERY much! I was indeed able to recreate the logo based off your analysis. Shockers is definitely Arial Black with Bold/Italic. I also used Adobe After Effects to skew 10 points on a 90 degree axis to recreate the exact look.

Thank you both again!

shockers.jpg

gulf-coast.jpg