Check out our typography channel on Instagram

P22 still in business?

Go to solution Solved by Mark Simonson,

jch02140

Just wondering if anyone knows whether P22 is still doing business. While I still see the P22 website currently active, I have been having problems with the site full of broken images, and online tester not working or purchasing font on their site. The information about the fonts is also all over the place. For example, P22 Nudgewink listed 8 fonts on their website but I checked other online font distributors like MyFonts and FontSpring have only 6 fonts in total, sometimes certain fonts have 1 or 2 additional fonts than what P22 website stated... 

It has been a while since the P22 website has been non-functional, curious if it is still maintained...

• Solution
Mark Simonson

Rich Kegler sold P22 to The Type Founders (TTF) a year or two ago. (My library is now with TTF as well.) What I've heard is that there has been a lot of work to do to get the P22 font library cleaned up and up-to-date. The website probably needs some work as well (as you've noticed). But P22 is being actively being worked on and I assume will be back in shape at some point.

I've pinged them about this question, so I'll post any other info I learn here.

jch02140

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the updates on the current P22 status. I didn’t know P22 was sold to The Type Founders which explains why I have not been receiving any P22 newsletters and the website seems unmaintained for sometimes. I am glad that P22 library is still being maintained and worked on. Hopefully there is some updates available soon. 

Best Regards,

Johney