Jump to content
The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Letterpress/typography terms in common English

Recommended Posts

Hey Ralf,

When you say "common English", do you mean language used to describe typography and letterpress by the laymen so-to-speak, as opposed to experts?

If so, in my experience the following terms are commonly used:

bleed, embossed, copy, double-sided, finish, gilt-edge, landscape, litho, proof, run-on, script

Hope that helps somehow? :happy:

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …
  • Create New...

Important Information

We are placing functional cookies on your device to help make this website better.