Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Which Typeface Software Manager for Mac OS?

I’m working on Mac Os 10.13 and I am still using Suitcase Fusion 7.

Recently, two companies offer the new version of their software manager:

• FontExplorer X Pro 7
  • Extensis Suitcase Fusion 10

¶ I haven’t upgraded to Suitcase Fusion 8 and Suitcase Fusion 9 because I didn’t like the new presentation.

¶ I will upgrade to Mac Os 10.14 and Mac Os 10.15 in 2020.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks.

Suitcase Fusion is moving to a subscription service (upwards of $80 a year), and the most current stand-alone version is not compatible with recently released Adobe Creative Cloud 2020 app updates (you have to upgrade to the subscription service for the compatible version).

Users are not amused, based on their postings on the Extensis site. Something to consider as you move forward with your decision.

• very interesting! 1

Here is their blog posts with tons of user comments: 

https://www.extensis.com/blog/suitcase-fusion-my-type-of-subscription

But as I have said in my review here, while FontExplorer is not a subscription service, you are pretty much in the same boat. If you update your OS and your apps like Creative Cloud, you will also need to keep buying FontExplorer updates to stay compatible. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

FontExplorer X Pro 7 and Suitcase Fusion 10 both have good reputations, but you'll want to look at the specific features and interface changes in these newer versions to see if they address your concerns about presentation and functionality.

When it comes to building software, developers often release significant updates to ensure their applications run smoothly on the latest operating systems. Checking the version histories and user feedback for these updates can provide insight into how well they integrate with new OS features and might help you decide.