Check out our typography channel on Instagram

Need Font Expertise Pretty Please

LAColo

I am trying to make a new sign for the building my family owns, it would mean the world to my 91 year old dad if I could make the sign.   I thought I could trace but he "A" plastic fell of so hard to get exact trace, so thought if I could find font create stencil off that.

I found some that are very similar and I think it may have been made frrom his signature.  The bar opened on November 26, 1964 to give you a time reference.   The ones that were pretty similar were: 
School Script
Dancing Script
Learning Curve Pro
Fairwater
Ruth Script
KG Always a Good Time
Alright
Advertising Script

To name a few 
I really did try to finding it myself  :-)
I thank you in advance for your assistance and expertise!
Thank you
Lisa

IMG_1408.JPG

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

IMG_2994.JPG

Ralf Herrmann

I doubt you will get good results with existing fonts, since it probably was never based on a typeface. The big sign and the newspaper version also show significant differences. 

I would look for a graphic designer (with typographic experience), a type designer or a lettering artist and give him/her a hi-res front-facing and complete picture of that existing sign or scans of older versions. It can then be vectorized professionally and the vector drawing can be used for the sign or any other use.

LAColo

Thank you Very much for replying and the suggestions!!!!  Good point I didn't notice but I think the top part line of the "A" is under the top of the sign in the picture 

thanks again

lisa