Check out our typography channel on Instagram

Motter Ombra typeface?

basit
This topic was imported from the Typophile platform

Hi guys,

olw3.gif

I think this font is called "Motter Ombra" but I'm not quite sure. If anyone can lead me to the right direction as to where to purchase this typeface or if someone can provide the correct name for this typeface, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Ignacio

Yes Basit, it is Motter Ombra, I have checked it in an old letraset catalog.
But as BJ said, I am afraid it is not digitized yet.

defrancisco

Hey Ignacio, I was wondering if there are still places in Madrid where you can get the old Letraset/Mecanorma catalogues (pre-computer days). When I moved to the US I made the mistake of giving mine away and now I regret it.

Is the old Letraset store in Mayor 4 still there?

beejay

Basit -- sorry, I'm just getting online today ...

I'm emailing you (basit (aaatttt) imyj.com) the info I promised late last night.

Ignacio, that is a sweet scan (it'd make a nice
mini-poster).

bj

basit

Wow thanks for the information guys.

Ignacio: Thanks for the scan, now all I have to do is go out and grab the Letraset catalog from somewhere and try to digitalize it myself. The whole typeface looks amazing

Bj: Thanks for the information you sent me, I will get in touch with him soon.

• 4 years later...
Renko

Update:

The official digitization of Motter Ombra is available digitally for two weeks now at Motterfonts.com. So are Motter Faktum, Motter Femina, Motter Ferrum and Motter Ornata. Soon available will be Motter Tektura and Motter Air.
See the link for details. Got a second email right now, where Siegmund Motter affirms that Luc de Groot was responsible for the digitization of Faktum, Ornata and Ferrum.

Down10

I seriously love Othmar Motter's display type. I suppose it looks "dated" by now, but the style and class of the letters is some of the most innovative I've seen (like the V's in Motter Ombra, seen above).

• 2 weeks later...