Jump to content
  • Frontispiece | Definition and Translations

    A frontispiece is a decorative or informative illustration facing a book’s title page.


    Dutch: Frontispice
    French: Frontispice
    German: Frontispiz
    Italian: frontespizio
    Polish: strona przedtytułowa
    Portuguese: Frontispício
    Russian: Фронтиспис
    Spanish: Frontispicio

    Related Term(s): Front matter

    Ralf Herrmann By Ralf Herrmann ()
    Contributors: Riccardo Sartori Przemysław Sakrajda

    Terms linking to this term:

    User Feedback

    There are no comments to display.

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You can also check out our Privacy Policy