Jump to content
  • Type height gauge | Definition and Translations

    An instrument for measuring type height.


    Dutch: letter hoogtemeter
    French: Comparateur pour le contrôle de la hauteur de caractères
    German: Satzhöhen-Prüfer
    Spanish: Aparato comparador de la altura de lineas

    Related Term(s): Block gauge

    Ralf Herrmann By Ralf Herrmann ()

    Terms linking to this term:

    User Feedback

    thomas gravemaker


    To be more precise in Dutch: 'Letter hoogtemeter', the tool shown here is specifically made to measure type height, foundry type and Linotype. The block gauge shown higher up should be called: Cliché hoogtemeter', as it has a larger base plate on which the entire block – with the mount – could be checked.

    Share this comment

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You can also check out our Privacy Policy