Jump to content
Join our community of friends of typography!
  • Tapered centring | Definition and Translations

    A way of typesetting where the centered lines gradually change their width, usually becoming narrower at the end of a text or segment.


    French: Cul-de-lampe
    German: Spitzkolumne
    Polish: cul-de-lampe, finalik
    Spanish: Consola tipográfica

    Ralf Herrmann By Ralf Herrmann ()
    Contributors: Manuel Sesma JesusBarrientos Przemysław Sakrajda

    User Feedback

    There are no comments to display.

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

Our partners

Discover the Best Deals for Freelance Designers.
Font Licensing Made Easy.
Discover the fonts from the Germany foundry FDI Type. A brand of Schriftkontor Ralf Herrmann.
The largest selection of professional fonts for any project. Over 130,000 available fonts, and counting.
Elfen-Fraktur—a monolinear blackletter typeface
  • Create New...

🍪 Important Information:

This website uses functional cookies.