Jump to content
Join our community of friends of typography!
  • Printing block | Definition and Translations

    A piece of thick, flat material, with a design on its surface, used to print repeated impressions of that design in relief printing. Also called cliché or electro (when created with the technique of electrotyping).


    Dutch: cliché
    French: cliché
    German: Klischee
    Italian: cliché
    Polish: klisza
    Russian: клише́

    Ralf Herrmann By Ralf Herrmann ()
    Contributors: Riccardo Sartori Przemysław Sakrajda

    User Feedback

    There are no comments to display.

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

Our partners

Discover the fonts from the Germany foundry FDI Type. A brand of Schriftkontor Ralf Herrmann.
The largest selection of professional fonts for any project. Over 130,000 available fonts, and counting.
Discover the Best Deals for Freelance Designers.
Get to your apps and creative work. Explore curated inspiration, livestream learning, tutorials, and creative challenges.
Wayfinding Sans Pro: proven legibility for signage use.
  • Create New...

Important Information

We are placing functional cookies on your device to help make this website better.